Classic versus modern

We had two car faults yesterday - wife's Passat threw off it's alternator belt and my Rover P6 developed an ominous clicking from a front wheel. No prizes for guessing which of those sounds the most expensive to sort out. Except you'd be wrong (probably). Bloody Passat had cracked it's alternator's casing, costing a cool 175 quid to replace (too much of a hurry to shop around, and no good for an exchange unit). Dear old Rover just had a loose wheel trim. A gentle kick had it sorted.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke