Passat alarm - turn off?

I have recently bought a MK5 Passat, is it possible to permanently disable the alarm? Or at least the interior sensor?

I have read that there is an issue with these cars with wetness in the footwell causing problems with the alarm but it's bone dry. Before I bought the car I had a mechanic check it out and his diagnostic tool reported a fault with the interior sensor.

Ta, Rick

Reply to
R D S

Disconnect the interior sensor. The alarm will fail it out and log a fault code.

Reply to
Chris Bartram