Cleaning seat belts

Folks,

I have some Britax seat belts for my Herald. They are in generally very good condition but a bit spotted with mould. Anyone know a good way to clean them? Light grey/silvery sort of colour.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Have a browse at Woolies

which has a couple of products that'll suit. Highly recommended - all their gear is ronseal*!

*i.e. "does exactly what it says on the tin"
Reply to
nully

AFAIK it is perfectly acceptable to scrub seat belts with soap and warm water. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Yes it is. But unless you kill the mould completely, it is likely to come back.

It it was my seat belts, I would be inclined to squirt them with fungus fighter, wait a few hours and then wash them - but Fungus Fighter is for mildew on garden plants, so I can't legally recommend it to anyone else.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Thanks for the recommendation!