Elantra 2005 seat belt warning light

I seldom use my seat belts, and the blinking warning light on the dash is very distracting. Does anyone know of an easy way to disable the light other than removing the bulb? Thanks in advance. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Robert

Put your seat belt on?????

Reply to
shadow

While not giving you a lecture on why you should use your seat belt, I will say that disabling the lamp could open you to a lawsuit from anyone who drives the vehicle or would purchase the vehicle from you. I will not provide advice on how to disable the seat belt warning system.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Why not just quit being ridiculous and buckle up? What's it going to take to convince you that's the smart - and responsible - thing to do?

Sheesh, you must be a smoker... ;-)

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Brian Nystrom wrote in news:vBIlf.3340$605.1672 @trndny09:

Hey, I resemble that remark :-P I smoke AND talk on my cell phone while wearing my seatbelt.

Reply to
Eric G.

**Do you indulge yourself with fried Twinkies on a stick, also? :)

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom

While it may be smart and responsible to use it, I wonder why people think it's okay for the government to try to protect you from yourself. I understand why they have laws requiring children to be buckled in but if one is old enough to drive and presumably get a drivers license, why is that anybody's business but his if he chooses to assume the risks? Jack Cassidy

Reply to
Jack Cassidy

Because, unless you can guaranty that: a).- You will be dead after the crash. b).- You will NOT hurt others or destroy propriety. c).- You will pay all the cost, from your own pocket.

We, will end paying for parts of your actions .....

Reply to
Victor A. Garcia

I strongly believe in and encourage personal freedom and responsibility. Unfortunately, thanks largely to trial lawyers, the general public is more interested in abdicating responsibility, while complaining if their freedoms are abridged. They want to be able to blame others for their actions (the "victim mentality") and cash in on huge lawsuits. As the saying goes, "Freedom is not free." and you CANNOT have freedom without responsibility. If people are not willing to accept responsibility for their actions, they have to expect government to to abridge their freedom in order to reduce the burden their irresponsibility creates on society. WE are the problem. More specifically, our GREED is the problem. If you want to do something about it, live responsibly and work for tort reform that will make irresponsible behavior less profitable.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

What does that matter Victor? Can you guarantee that the driver will not be dead with the seat belt in use? No.

Irrelevant. Seat belts have nothing to do with property damage. Nor does wearing one's seat belt have anything to do with hurting others.

He will - to the same extent that you or I will pay from our own pockets for anything we get into.

What is the added cost to you that you claim? Nothing more than what any other accident on the street would create. This has long been a claim of those who have no real supporting argument for why an individual should buckle up, but it has also long been a baseless point. Simply, if one such as the OP has some philosophical hang up about his freedoms being infringed upon and all that, then fine, exercise your freedom. If the simple fact that seat belts do reduce injury and death does not appeal to the OP, then fine, prove it to yourself. Some philosophical points just don't merit the ultimate outcome, but the real test of reason is in the ability to discern that.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

That was so good that I'll buy you a..... no wait... it was so good that

*you* get to buy the beer!
Reply to
Mike Marlow