Flaping seat belts?

What do you guys do to hold down those annoying rear seat belts flapping in the wind when the top is down? I've got some ideas (cutting them out!!) but there must be a simpler & logical way.

Reply to
Phinz

Phinz did pass the time by typing:

Velcro ties or bungee cords.

DougW

I'm planning to remove mine. No one ever sits back there anyway. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

remove rear seat remove rear seatbelts sell seat and seatbelts as a set no more problems! =)

I made up some velcro straps and wrapped them around the belts and roll bar, that is, until I got rid of the rear seat for good.

Reply to
jbjeep

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com, Phinz from was injured because:

| What do you guys do to hold down those annoying rear seat | belts flapping in the wind when the top is down? I've got some | ideas (cutting them out!!) but there must be a simpler & | logical way.

Your Jeep prolly came from the factory with various adjustable straps and whatnot for the seatbelts, windshield, and the removeable fron rollbars. Check you owners manual for usage, and too bad if the straps have been lost somewhere.

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I decided to go with Velcro straps tied to the rear rollbar, just in case someday I decide to put the back seat in, making my dog very very pissed!

Reply to
Phinz

There are really velcro adjustable straps, normally used to bundle computer cabling, available in several colors and quite rugged.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

turn up the radio, and smile that your in a jeep with the top off. If your hearing is that sensitive that the seatbelts flapping bothers you ...why did you buy a convertible.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Prinz

In news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net, L.W. (ßill) Hughes III from was injured because:

| Yes just tuck the windshield tie down strap in behind the | rear view mirror, no need to take it off an lose it. | God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O | mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

| | Joseph P wrote: || || Your Jeep prolly came from the factory with various || adjustable straps and whatnot for the seatbelts, windshield, || and the removeable fron rollbars. Check you owners manual || for usage, and too bad if the straps have been lost || somewhere. || || -- || -- || Joe Pribe || NC || || Pull my finger to reply by email. || || jpribe 'at' nc.rr.com || jegp 'at' hotmail.com || || I Love My O|||||||O

'zactly

Reply to
Joseph P

At least you can complain about the belts... I have regretted selling my CJ-7, 5 minutes after it was out of site. No open top, no fun. :-(

Brian

Reply to
Bulletsnbrains

I buckle mine around the roll bar support bars - the diagonal ones - and snug 'em up. TrailMarker.

Reply to
TrailMarker

I kept the seatbelts so that I can belt in my dogs. I use Velcro. Go to the hardware store and buy some with adhesive backing. Cut strips and put them b back to back, and wrap it around. I got black Velcro to match the roll bar padding.

Reply to
Chad Fraker