help needed with identifying a capri 2.8i brooklin ??

hi all I have been offered a ford Capri 2.8i the owner has told me its a Brooklyn. its in lovely condition and would love to have it but he is asking £2500 for it. now my question is this .... is there a way I can find out if it is a proper Brooklyn ..?? what should I look out for?

I have looked under the bonnet and it have never been welded underneath. the back quarter underneath the rear bumper is abit rusted but only looks like service rust under the paint work .. the rest of it looks brill. the interia is 99.9% right down to the radio,

but i dont know if it is a true Brooklyn. also if it is ,, is it worth 2500GBP

Reply to
aussie bongo

Try "Brooklands" for a start.

Ian Dalziel

Ian Dalziel ( snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

He probably thinks it's named after Posh & Becks' sprog.

Reply to
Adrian

it is isnt it ?? (im confused now :) )

Reply to
aussie bongo

If the owner told you its a Brooklyn then he doesn't know what he's on about - the word is Brooklands.

Best way to find out is to check with Capri Club International - there were only 1038 made and they have sequential VIN numbers.

If its in good nick it should certainly be worth £2500.

Reply to
DougP