Anyone want a Capri?

Scorpio has gone, and no - I didn't swap it. Sold it :P

But, I got the Capri to photograph and list on eBay for my mate, and to just drive a Capri for a bit - I do have a liking for them.

Anyway: Laser, 2.0, Red, sunroof and recaros (sunroof is proper, Recaros aren't but look right), parcel shelf is 7/10 (no holes, slight sag), dash has been cut for radio (has the cheapest CD player I have ever seen in it), seam twixt wing and scuttle has been filled, much attempts at 'repairs', but overall a solid car. Apparently new rack and fuel tank; steers alright for a Capri. Currently has no handbrake (went ping yesterday apparently), a sticking rear brake, and the timing seems to be out.

Clean under the bonnet and looks 'right' but has plates on the inner wing strut tops that look awfully like the ones on an RS2000. If they're a repair, they're a bloody good one.

Funny mixture of good and bad overall, anyway.

He's hoping to get £500, which seems 'not bad' to me; new wings and some careful tidying and it'll be a nice Capri. Engine - aside from timing - seems oil-tight and clean.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Cue PeteM and Conor fighting over it, as to who can get it for least,=20 while SteveH eggs them on with "HFM?". :)

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

Elder

I know i should say eeew its RWD and underpowered but

any pics?

Reply to
Rob

Yep, coming up in the not-too-distant future.

And they aren't that underpowered, but I bet you can get a redtop in it ;)

They'll flatter it, but it's not /bad/. It's a funny mixture. New wings and some careful bodywork will make it into a tidy car.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

you've got me wrong, I aint into all that revs malarkey anymore

although a nice vag 1.9tdi would be nice or a rover V8 :)

Reply to
Rob

or even sicker.

Vag 2.5 v6 tdi with quattro running gear :)

now that would be truly interesting

Reply to
Rob

ROFLMAO. I daren't. I recon I'm heading rapidly for the most cost ineffective Capri in the UK - definitely an example of someone not doing it for the money.

And the strut tops are a repair. The repair panels are quite good and you just spot weld them in place.

Reply to
Conor

You can. 150BHP on carbs. Need the axle off a 1.6 though as it's a better diff ratio.

Reply to
Conor