Identifying car owner from palte number

Is there any place in Inet or any office (DVLA?) where I can know the owners name of a car, entering its registration plate number?

Thanks.

Jesus

jbenajesATmotDOTupvDOTes

Reply to
Usuario Invitado

if you have a good reason you can ask dvla and pay a small fee and find the registered owner details.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Be friends with a Traffic Police man :-o

Reply to
Ash

No chance, all information is governed by the data protection act. The only details you can get are inputing the number plate into a website to gain the cars particulars such as the RAC website. Owners details are all confidential and only accessible by the police or the courts. jono

Reply to
Barspeed1975

Yup, even my friend in the DVLA cannot access records - they are all logged and it is instant dismissal if the system is abused even for one check.

Reply to
Howard Rose