IMP fs

I think someone needs to buy my Imp

Hurry now!

Pete H

Reply to
pete honeyman

No, I think you need to sell it...

BTW, before you get kicked off both demon and ebay have a read of the following URL,

:::Jerry::::

I wouldn't deem this posting as either inappropriate, i.e. out of context, or against any Usenet policy, if you took your time to read it yourself, this is not an infringement and does not constitute as commercial advertising.

Get a life chum, get an Imp!

Jono Barspeed

Just a bit of advice.

If you're selling a car that's located in the middle of bloody nowhere, it helps if it has an MOT..... just a thought, like.

Looks pretty sound, and well worth the cash, if it was tested.

Reply to
SteveH

Unsolicited posting to an inappropriate Usenet group, Spam is Spam whoever sends it - now if this group was uk.adverts.cars it would have been OK.

Get at clue chum, read the following URL's and stop making an idiot of yourself...

:::Jerry::::

So, any posting at all in this newsgroup is unsolicited, even if it is a wanted ad, a request for advice or a seller of classic car. If i post that I need advice, and then that advice means that I need to place a wanted ad, this also constitutes as "spam"? because you say its unsolicited.....

If i posted an email advertising a classic car website, forum, non profit making classic car resource or a new club or classic car society, you say this is also unsolicited spam?

I subscribe to this newsgroup because im interested in reading classic car stuff, finding out about other classic cars, reading helpful hints and advice, following links to advertised sites and cars for sale on ebay etc, because I expect that to happen, i also expect to read the odd email about a one off offer to see britanny spears naked, but its what is expected in such a newsgroup, if you dont want this stuff why subscribe, why do you not want a cross section or variety of differant postings, why are you here at all?

I am not trolling, I am not a person with nothing better to do, I want to read and veiw things that are relevant to classic cars, and a classic car for sale falls within that.

Jono Barspeed

: Unsolicited post Advertising

Lengthy and or off- topic posts will not be welcome. Short (i.e. 10 lines max.) announcements of relevant products, services and events, inviting e-mail inquires or suggesting URLs for further information, will be allowed.

So there is absolutely no problem at all with a couple of lines telling us a classic car is for sale in the UK.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Just one thing - Do try not to top post. Not only is it really annoying, it also gives prats like Jerry more ammunition against you.

FWIW, I don't mind the odd link to Ebay, although I prefer posts advertising cars or parts for sale or wanted - I already know Ebay exists, and I can manage to find things I might want by browsing or searching.

Reply to
Stuffed

Only if you want to get a good price for it - I find these are often bargains, being the owner of a small trailer ;-)

Reply to
Chris Bolus

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Chris Bolus decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Indeedy, I agree wholeheartedly.

I bought my Sierra for a bargain price because it didn't have any mot or tax... the engine alone is worth twice what I paid for the whole car. I tend to look for cars that don't have mot or tax because they're generally a shed load cheaper. If I go to inspect it, I have a good look, see if it seems straight enough, haggle a bit, then if it's good I buy, if not, I walk away. Saved me fortunes in the past.

Example. On Ebay Twin Turbo Sierra 4x4s tend to fetch over £1800. I paid £500 for mine.

To get it road legal it needed the following

1 tyre (part worn) £0 (had one in the shed) Welding £75 (gas welding, done properly) Front cv boot securing £0.02 p for a tiestrap Steering rack £40 (from the local Cosworth breakers) Fitting of said rack, inc tracking £0 (Did it myself) MOT £30 Tax £90.75. V5 application fee (thieving *******s) £19.00.

So, instead of buying one off eBay for £1800, I bought one without tax or test for £500, spent £255 on it, and now have one with 12 months mot, six months tax, which I know is solid and safe and hasn't passed the MOT under the "old pals act".

Reply to
Pete M