Land Rover Chassis Number

Afternoon

Does anyone here know exactly where the chassis number is on a land rover chassis, series II, SWB, early '70s I believe?

A friend of mine has one and the number was removed when he had some welding done on it, and he wants to stamp it on in the right place and the right style.

A google suggests 'right hand front spring hanger' but I can't find any more details

A photo or rubbing or drawing would be great

He knows the chassis number as it is on documentation and on a plate on the bulkhead.

Also, any idea where to get the correct style stamps (right size and font) - the number is all numerals and a D

Don't worry, this isn't a dodgy attempt at changing the number, all above board and legal, he just wants it to look right :-)

Cheers

Reply to
Ben Mack

Front right Spring Hanger, Never seen one yet though as they are replaced and never restamped.

Currently rebuilding Series 2, and have replaced front spring hangers and guess what, no nos, and neither will there be one going back on it.

Reply to
Igundwane