Lucas spot light

Gentlemen, Does anybody have a Sealed beam unit for a Lucas LR6 spotlight, the MOT is due and mine has just popped.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Spotlights are not part of the MoT, provided you have dip and main beam working ok there is no problem.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Spotlights aren't checked at MOT time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Ive always been told if it is fitted it has to work ?

Thanks antway, i'll ring the garage and if they are doubtful I'll take it off.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Excuse my ignorance, but what's an LR6 look like? Is it the same as the inners on a Dolomite?

Reply to
Stuffed

Its one of a pair of spots fitted to my Bedford camper, round in shape, the body of the lamp has the mountinf point directly on the back. Around the rim of the lamp is a square edge for the steel clamp to hold it in position with the clamp screw inside a block with the embossed word lucas on the front in red like a large jubilee clip, the letters LR 6 are moulded on the glass at the very bottom. Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Google found me

It looks to me like a halogen version of the Dolomite inner. Can't tell from the illustration if the mouldings around the edge of the glass are the same though.

I wonder if an LR6 replacement unit can be used to upgrade a Dolomite to sealed beam halogen?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Well, if he can live with a sealed beam Dolly inner, I might have one going spare, would need to make an expedition to the back of the garage to find it though (there's currently a 1500TC, wings for it, a Mini door, 2 Triumph

1300 doors, 2 engine blocks, a 1300 engine, glasswork, etc, all in a 17x7 ish lock up!) :(

I've got a pair of H1s as my inners, bought off someone who got them for a Capri. The outer H4s off the same chap are my outers on a different car. Been looking at Crapis Golfs etc though, and the standard Hella unit is either too deep or has slightly the wrong fittings to be a straight swap. Mine are Bosche aftermarkets as far as I can tell though.

Reply to
Stuffed

My not new cat. from Holden lists a suitable replacement in halogen, but it's 27.95 gbp. LR14.

Dave Plowman

I might well have one lurking in the loft.

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Gentlemen, Those of you who may have one, are any near Bedfordshire.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

not really, Essex, but I could post it (assuming I can actually locate it !!)

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Essex is in the south east. :-)