Vauxhall rings and shells - help.

I found two sets of piston rings and a set of big end shells in my garage which came in a job-lot, can anyone help with identifying them please?

Both ring sets are Cords, one is marked, "1106 GM std 85mm" and the other, "1027 GM std

93mm" I think the 93's may be for the 2.8 4cyl diesel?

The shells are AE and marked, "M5380SA for Opel, Vauxhall" and someone has biro'd "G171" on the box.

Anyone know for sure what these fit? Thanks in advance. Pete W

Reply to
Pete W.

M means mains not big ends. They fit the 55mm crank journal on 1297cc Opel 1.3N and 1196cc 1.2ST engines from 1980 on and the 1598cc 16SV and E16SE Astra/Nova GTE from 1987 on.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker