MG on a roof in Bristol

Yes really! Does anyone remember a motor dealer in Bristol who used to have a big ol'

1930's yellow saloon perched on top of it's premises? Probably "RTS Motors" or the like. Apparently it was up there from the 60's to the early 90's and became quite a landmark. I have just met the present owner of the car and he would love a picture of it up there on the roof as part of the car's history file. It is a 1938 SA and is in very safe hands, well on it's way back to full health.

Any help with a picture?

Thanks, Pete W

Reply to
Pete W

You could try contacting the Bristol Evening Post. A local newspaper must have taken a photo at some time, and you can usually buy copies of photos that have been published in newspapers.

should get you started. There are e-mail links toeditorial staff and journalists and a Buy A Photograph button on that page. Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

I'd try Practical Classics. They have a vast library of such things. Which IIRC, came from the purchase of Popular Classics.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks both, I reckon we'll try the newspaper first then the mags.

Pete

Reply to
Pete W