Mk1 Capri 3000 Exhaust

Hi all,

Does anyone know a supplier of early Capri exhausts....

The back box on my 3000Gt has gone and as far as I can see they just don't make them anymore.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Waites

Paul Waites ( snipped-for-privacy@york.ac.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Adrian

In message , Adrian writes

Or if you want stainless steel, Quicksilver and Larini supply them off the shelf.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stokes

Philip Stokes ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.invalid) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Or PD Gough will custom make *any* exhaust for *anything* (either from a pattern or to the car) to a standard that - when you get it - you won't want to fit it, just hang it on the wall and gaze at it.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes, couldn't believe the quality of the welding on the Y-Piece in my HP Firenza exhaust. And even though it's been fitted since about 1997 you can still read clearly where it says "Vauxhall Droopsnoot" on one of the pipes. Even the marker pens they use are good quality.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike

Mike ( snipped-for-privacy@test.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Their pattern room has to be seen to be believed, too.

I took a couple of pattern systems up there, and got the full guided tour - upstairs is this vast room full of systems hanging there - everything from M5 to Silver Ghost to bloody great big wagons.

Reply to
Adrian

Cheers all,

So it looks like I'll have to open the old wallet and invest in a full new system....

Oh well just don't let the missus know how much I'm spending on my toy.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Waites

Wish I had known about these people a couple of years ago. I bought a complete ss system from Hayward & Scott, who I thought had a good reputation. The first one didn't fit by a mile - well, nearly a foot. To give them their due they did send a man out to have a look; he went away muttering that it wasn't possible - it was one of a batch just made up, and no-one else had complained. The next one fitted fairly well, but blew like hell due to crap welding. Went back - it's supposed to have a lifetime guarantee (how long is a lifetime?) and they removed the whole system and re-welded it. Better, but still blowing. Went back again and came away with a worse blow. I just can't be bothered to go around the M25 to wildest Essex to sit around for half a day - actually, stand around, as they didn't even offer a seat, let alone a cup of tea. So I'm taking it to a local firm which does ss welding - OK, it will cost, but at least I might get the job done.

Geoff MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

Would second this - the Super Snipe's turned up within a couple of days and the local tyre and exhaust mob (couldn't be a***d crawling around underneath with stubborn fittings etc) popped it on in about 20 mins flat - no bodging or fettling required. They are definitely on my list of "good guys" :)

Reply to
Mark W

just fitted one to my DS, lovely :-)

Reply to