OUCH!! Mk1 Escort bites the dust in Malta

Them thar trees are tough in Malta -

Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

I've visited Malta regularly and I'm familiar with their driving habits. There's been a huge increase in modern cars over the last few years (mostly Daewoos, Huyundais and the like) but there are still plenty of Mk1 Escorts, MK2 Cortinas, Victors, Morris Minors, Heralds, Anglias, etc in daily use. Until a couple of years ago Morris Marinas were quite modern! The Times of Malta web site regularly carries pics of 'spectacular' crashes.

Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

In England we drive on the left. In most of Europe they drive on the right. In Malta, they drive in the shade.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And this Escort actually looks like a good one for Maltese roads - much better than loads of cars I saw on the road there!

Don't worry though - as the accident was near Paola I'm sure the local police will have got there quick, just like the ones that gave me the parking ticket in Paola. I'll pay it one day, honest!

Mr X!

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam

Gosh@!@! Thanks for the reminder! I still owe the New South Wales cops $25 for a speeding ticket in 1970, Mini-Cooper cop car on some main drag out of Sydney. Dunedin, NZ used them too.

Reply to
Classic Car Fair

I know

Tried driving a car in Malta. No problem I thought, "they drive on the left".

What I didn't realise was that they also drive on the right or the middle, depending on the potholes.

David

Reply to
David Lane