Painting alloys

I've a set of blasted Triumph Dolomite Sprint alloys. Question is do I need to use special primer to bond to alloy. I don't want to have to repaint them in a few years when it all flakes off :|

thanks

Lee

Reply to
Lee Griffiths

FWIW I sprayed a set of ally wheels with a spray can of smooth silver Hammerite over 2 years ago. They were originally silver painted and laquered, but scratched with a little damage from kerbing..I rubbed them down to bare metal in many places, and filled the deep kerbing marks with Plastic Padding. They still look as good as they did immediately after painting. No sign of any flaking so far. It was intended as just a quick way to smarten the wheels up without going to the expense of having them refurbished professionally. I thaught Hammerite might be better than proper wheel sprays, as I didn't fancy spraying u/coats, top coats, laquer etc. Looks like it was a good choice. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Getting a good key is important, a good quality scotchbrite pad will do it

Reply to
BORG