Princess (wedge) available?

Indeed but the Princess was a shed and that Toledo appears to be mint.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I haven't ever heard of that happening, and I've had a Herald 13/60 - which is the 1296cc engine - for 20 years. Herald engines are noted for dropping out thrust washers, to rather painfully expensive effect. Right at the end of Herald production, just for the last year or so, the 1296cc GE engine was replaced with the GK, which I think is the Toledo one. Basically identical, but with larger diameter main bearings, which caused no end of problems. Oddly enough, the Spitfire

1500 is notorious for precisely the same reason.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

AFAIR the problem is caused by lubrication failures. The big end siezes and the con rod breaks. I've seen it on both Heralds and Toledos although looking at Toledos in scrappies in the 1980s it seemed to be mostly Toledos that suffered from the problem. The first time it happened to me was when friend took me down the M23 in his Herald. Big bang, lots of steam and when we stopped on the hard shoulder I looked at one side of the engine and said "it seems fine here" and he simply stared at the 9in hole in the block on his side.

Reply to
Steve Firth

If she'd prefer a slightly more squashed wedge, bloke at work wants to sell a very nice TR7 that could almost be described as a "barn find":

Willy Eckerslyke

Thanks, but it would need to be a 4-seater.

That TR7 looks to be in pretty good shape!

regards

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

Aye, it wasn't really a serious suggestion.

I'm just hoping someone else buys it before it starts appealing to me too much!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

If you get one, can I have a go in it sometime?

How's the SD1?

Remember David had an Ambassador... I recall that being quite good at keeping my weight down. Food didn't stay in long in it.

Richard (no classics here, but something big and French on the way soon).

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick