NC Floor Mats?

Seems simple enough. My 2006 came with two sets of mats -- the carpeted sort and the rubber sort. Both of them proved to be total rubbish with the rubber wearing through in the matter of a six months and the carpeted in eighteen. Typical wear pattern is a hole where my right heel sits.

So now I need to buy some decent mats that will last for a few years (I kept my '91 for 15 years and the aftermarket mats I bought from Moss were in better shape after 15 than both sets of the NC mats put together after

2). The most promising ones I've seen are some coir mats from Amazon but at $110 I'd expect them to be almost miraculous. Does anyone else have a favorite or are these mats and this price what I should expect?

While I'm asking questions about floor mats, Moss sells a "Billet Heel Guard by Cobalt" so my wear problem seems to be far from rare. Has anybody tried this or something similar?

John McGaw

Pat

Reply to
pws

I ordered the expensive (naturally!) coir mats. They are custom-made so they take a while to ship so I haven't actually seen them yet. If there is anything relevant positive or negative when they show up I'll be sure to report it here. For now I'm just hoping.

Reply to
John McGaw

I have only seen the coir mats in the catalog as well, but they look very nice, and I have thought about buying them before. They are expensive, but they are also less than one of my tires. It's all relative, I guess. :-)

If I end up getting the NC, I will probably get the coir mats as well, assuming that you like them.

Pat

Reply to
pws

If the mat is OK other than the single wear hole-- In the distant past, I've had to take mats to a shoe repair shop, and have them sew a leather piece over the whole.

Reply to
Chuck

Must need a pretty large piece, to cover the entire mat.

(sorry, couldn't resist such an easy target)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Fast fat fingers, along with a cat. Hole obviously. Although, my uncle was in the wholesale leather business until he started having medical problems, and sold the business years ago. These days, a mat from Wal Mart is likely cheaper than getting the shoe repair shop to sew a patch on.

I've even cut carpet, then had it edged for car mats. Again, the carpet shops seem to have lost the ability to attach edging to carpet.

Reply to
Chuck