Sealed Beams - Wattage

Does anybody know off hand what the wattage of the low & high rectangular sealed beam headlights were? ( circa 1985 ). I found a 35 watt - 4 1/4 diameter round sealed beam, mounted in a black steel housing, using a 1/2 inch threaded stud for mounting. I think its an auxillary driving light for a truck.

If a rectangular headlight ( Low or High beam ) is much brighter I may rig them up as aux lights in the cutout in my front bumper. I've got the round one bolted in now, but not much light is thrown by it. I mainly want to light up the ground around the front end of the car and around the edgelines of the road.

Harryface ( in the "dark" as usual )

Reply to
Harry Face

55/60W, I think. Dave
Reply to
Dave Brower

The big rectangular headlights, one per each side of the vehicle, were

60/35w stock. That's what came in my '89 Blazer OEM. Upgrade bulbs are sold now that are 65/55w. Those 35w low beams where the absolute worst factory headlights, they had output on par with my old 6v beetle. They still sell them, check the wattage on the box, just saw them in Wally World the other day.
Reply to
Repairman