Not gone to Biling.

:-(

Did a tidy up in the garage yesterday..... or should I say the tip of the iceberg.... Ebay be affraid...be very affraid!

Found about 10 unstarted projects, so this year have aborted the trip on the strength that If I go to Biling there will be 15 unstarted projects sat on the Bench.

Hows the weather there? Rained here pretty much most of yesterday... Todays not been so bad but it's not what you call sunny either.

A little peeved not to have made it.. but on the bright side..and fingers crossed LRC are delivering Mrs D's Disco tomorrow.. Went to collect yesterday but there were a few hiccups...but give them credit they are working on them and promised delivery Monday morning. Wasn't actually due for collection till Monday but we were hoping to get some Biling miles on it before going off our expedition.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

in article GruKc.287$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net, Lee_D at snipped-for-privacy@histerminalhat.freeservecoat.co.uk wrote on 18/7/04

1:56 pm:

Bruce keeps threatening to sort his workshop out...properly. He started on the yard the other day and has only gone through a quarter of it and taken two trailers full of rubbish to the tip already.

Bruce has a pile of wood in his workshop - bathroom cabinet, fish tank stand, ladders for the kids beds(he did make these, just not the ladders and the have to climb on chairs) plate rack, the top half of the welsh dresser he made....the list goes on. He has several projects he started, but not finished too.

The weather there turned out to be rather nice. Had a very pleasant day minus kidsIt did look like it was going to chuckit down when we got up to go, so went prepared with wellies and brollies in the boot just in case. Should have packed some sun cream as it brightened up on the journey down the M1 and was just about right.

Never mind. There is always the LRO show at Peterborough in September. Saw the brand new LR3. Looks Ok from the front and from the side it doesn't seem to have so much of a distinct look as previous versions have with the step roof. Hated the back end though. Looks just like a van, especially with not having a spare on the rear. Saying that I wouldn't turn one down if offered me one for free!

Had to prevent Bruce from the purchase of one of those small motorbikes for Isaac yesterday. Birthday present he says. It isn't his birthday until September.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

As I left home yesterday it was raining so hard that the wipers on my car couldnt keep up when on fastest speed. I wasnt really looking forward to getting out of the car later.

As I got closer to the show it got nicer and nicer and it ended being a really nice day with lots of sun! It was the best day (weather wise) ive seen for months :)

I hope your new toy is ready by monday!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Hold it! Let ebay digest my tones of junk first... don't think it can take the both of use ;)

.. and don't even go there ;)

Humm... well, I've now got a sunburnt back from Saturday! The Montego whent there and back (265miles) and used a toutch less than £20 worth of juce :-D I think it probably made up the difrence in engine oil tho.... Also had a good look around Grumble! Toby

Reply to
TVS

I saw it too. It was only when I was driving home that I thought "Where is the spare wheel?". Does anyone here know?

Judith

Reply to
Judith

ISTR something saying that it was in a cage carrier under the load area like the old Austin Maxi used to do.

I do *not* want to be the sod who has to dig that out on the way home after a day green laning in the pissing rain.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Spent Saturday mostly shivering inside with cold, wet, windy conditions outside, after Friday at Mudgee Field Day, where the weather was good. Sunday was fine, sunny, cold. Cut a load of firewood with the 2a, about 1 tonne. This morning (Monday) was 1degC when I got up, but almost cloudless, so looks like it will be a good day. JD

Reply to
JD

I saw one of those Gibbs Aquadas in Dorset on Saturday. Hmmm...

time I've seen one on the road. Or in the water for that matter. But look at their latest concept!
I *want* one of these. But I think it'll cost just a little bit more than I can afford.

David

Reply to
David French

On or around Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:16:09 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

does look fun, don't it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Well, I returned with another couple of projects in mind - autobox rather high on the agenda I'm afraid...

Dunno, I spent most of my time under Grumble...

Reply to
Mother

Did my 110 years ago, you couldn't *give* me a manual box now! (You could, but I'd sell it for beer chits!)

Ahem. Assuming we're talking about the Mk3 Granada with the ford A4LD autobox, that auto set a standard of unequalled unreliability in the automotive world, even worse than the old 4 speed auto in the mini / austin

1100/1300! Even worse, in fact, than the BorgWarner 35TA fitted to the austin princess wedge. The A4LD is prone to :- blowing the front pump seal and depositing all oil on the road of your choice (the M6 was mine!), losing reverse completely, no 4th gear, lock-up clutch slipping in 3rd/4th, sticking 1-2 change, or more commonly going 1-3 and ignoring 2. NOT a good box. If you had none of the above faults, then please consider yourself a very, very lucky man. If you're talking a Mk2 Granny with the C3 box, then that was bulletproof. But no-one really drives Mk2 Granny's nowadays, do they????

I wish! Frightened to put the laptop in the 110 incase the vibration kills it!

Badger. Must go to this Billing place sometime and see what all this fuss is about.......... Come to think on it, wouldn't mind a looksee at this Grumble I keep hearing about.

Reply to
Badger

Ah a man after my own heart!... I'd love to Autoify Morph when I get around to engine replacement. By which time you will undoubtly have been there and done that. It's a shame you've had the recent trauma as I'm sure a progression to Auto would be a good thing rather than a bad one.

New toy has now officially taken it's place on the drive.. The leather seats and auto in the Granada set a bit of a standard which have been carried over. Only down side is the laptop mount won't fit the Disco because of the airbags and the gizmology under the electic seats fouling the mount. Ah well.. looks like when when the piggy banks full a Palm PC Nagivation bundle will be on the cards....

I like to think of it as evolution :-)

Oiley showers then.... speaking of showers?

Any progress, mentally or otherwise?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Only indomuch as the cooler is sat on my office floor at present! :-)

Reply to
Mother

Yeah, I guess I do tend to agree, however, I reckon an auto will soak up the extra power without putting too much strain on the drive train together with giving me some space when I rebuild the cab.

Reply to
Mother

No chance, give me a manual any day.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

So only a good idea to put my 5.2L TVR engine in if I go for an auto box, then?

Reply to
Mother

Might make sense, you have pushed up the power and I imagine all the goodies add a bit of weight so a torque converter might soften the shock to the drive train a bit.

Are you currently on an lt95?

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Your fault for putting such a big engine in it. Should have stuck with the old 101 lump

what was is, 93bhp?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

This is exactly my thinking around this.

Yup - good, but not quite good enough :-(

Reply to
Mother

I'm sold on the idea...

Reply to