Re: Any event on Sunday 3rd ?

>I am being nagged to take t'missus out tomorrow so I wondered if there is >any decent classic rally within 100 miles or so of Gloucester? Having just >bought an old wreck of a Scimitar, I need a few bits and pieces.

Sounds like you'll be nagged during and after as well......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Not a classic rally or run but VSCC Prescott is on this weekend. Should be a good day as usual if the sun is out. Anyone else going and see's the 1904 Berliet in the car park thats me.

Andy

Reply to
Splashlube

Many would be happy to have their missus nag them into going to a classic car meet...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

If you wait a fortnight and get to Lichfield (20 miles north of Birmingham), there's the owners club National Wekend at the Curborough Sprint Track, just off the A38 at Frdaley.

It's a couple of quid to get in...

Phil Reliant Sabre and Scimitar Owners Club

Reply to
Phil Howard

""100 miles or so of Gloucester? Having just bought an old wreck of a Scimitar, I need a few bits and pieces.""

Probably just within your 100 mile limit - the BMC/BL/ARG/Rover annual show at Peterborough (Ferry Meadows)... Dale

Reply to
MrT

Dave Plowman realised it was Sat, 02 Aug 2003

13:27:22 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

| `--> so, er... are all these sigs chosen at random or did you pick this one yourself?

Reply to
Yippee

It's meant to be random, but I think Pluto is more intelligent than it's letting on...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

How was it? I had been thinking about going, but went to watch a friend racing closer to home instead. Are there any other good events at Prescott or Shelsley next month?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Hi Willy

It was a superb day out. Entrance fee for the public is getting a bit steep £15 pp but I managed to get there early enough to park in the orchard with the other veteran and Vintage cars. A few interlopers from the 40's, 50's (but nice cars particularly one Aston)

The paddock was full of interesting machinery just a few too many specials and not enough 'real' cars. Not sure how a car put together in the 1990's from a pile of old bits can be called vintage and have an age related plate and free tax disc though. I suppose it was in the spirit of the age.

never heard so many whistles as we did that day. Lots of interesting offs. The

190? CGV had one of its wooden wheels collapse at Pardon. Several otehrs just stopped on the hill so the whole thing ran late.

Weather was superb, good company and crowds and the racing was really a sideshow.

Sorry don't know of anything much on next month. Have a look in Classic Car Weekly or the Automobile.

Regards

Andy

Reply to
Splashlube