Re: Here's one for the skeptics!

$90 seems a little steep for what looks like a simple magnet, which it

> appears is all this is (having seen one close to). My guess is that if they > were as good as they claim to be then every automotive manufacturer would > put them on as standard for the emissions savings alone... But I'd love to > be proven wrong, does anyone have one?

When I was a young man in the 80s, there was these Neodymium Super inductors (or magnets) which you which you fastened around your fuel line to (so the claim said) improve fuel consump'. I bought one and fixed it to my Mk1 Fiesta which I always had recorded the MPG (something I still do to this day with my current cars). I couldn't tell any difference in the MPG with the magnets attached, but hey, I think the things only cost £19 then. A small price to pay for the knowledge of such devices.

Chris

Please note

Reply to
Chris Stubbs

They do seem to work on diesels. My dad sells them and has back to back figures on MPG and emissions. The bigger diesels seem to give the best results. HGV's etc. One company went as far as getting them approved for use on tanks and actually has a nato stock no. The problem with petrols is that the magnets have to be north to north facing and most of the ones on sale are north - south which seems to suit diesels. There a couple of universities looking into these claims as well. The Dutch and Israeli governments have done some tests on agriculture using water that has been passed through magnets. The Dutch found that a cow gives 2 litres extra per milking and the Israeli's found that Tomato's grow bigger. Now that's a talking point!

Reply to
yeha

Ill used apostrophes always are.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Which could mean anything from undergrad projects with zero funding researching the marketing of snake-oil to full scale research costing millions.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Paid for by the manufacturers, and selectively quoted afterwards. See 'university' research on tin pellet devices like Carbonflow - there's more left out than quoted.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember yeha saying something like:

You're a day late with this bollocks.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon