Re: This group is full of ignorant idiots who are to far up their own....

. . . . . . . . . PRAM TOY

Reply to
Steve Firth

That went clear past the D pillar.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Don't you mean the B-C pillar? (Turns round and runs for his life, LOL!) Badger. ;-)

Reply to
Badger

And you a Land Rover man. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yebbut they don't have pillars Dave, just folded pieces of ally with minimal strength! Only joking, the "A" post is the steel main bulkhead and the "B" post (on a station wagon) is steel also. Funnily enough, they are almost the worst corroding body parts on the whole vehicle. Must admit, all the years I've been involved with vehicles I've found the "conventional" terminology of A, B, C and D posts to be universally accepted within the motor trade. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Pity I can't think of conventional 4 door Landie - but I'd bet if there were, the L R WS manual would have it with a B-C post, since Rover called it that in the days when they printed WS manuals.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

109"/110 County Station Wagon?

The rear doors are hinged on the same post as the front door striker.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Actually, it's a 5-door station wagon, and the post in question is referred to as a "frame, side". So there's yet another description of a "B" post! To be fair, it is a side frame in the landrovers case, it being one piece that runs from the bottom edge of the front bulkhead ("A" post), incorporates the complete "B" post right to the roofline and the "C" post up to waistline height. Badger.

Reply to
Badger