rear lamps on Lotus Excel

Is Ther anybody who knows how to remove the glas of the rear lamp on a lotus excel (-86)?

best reagards Jan

Reply to
Jan Forsbäck

arnet they the same as rover sd1?

Reply to
Stephen White

or ask here

see you there!

"Stephen White >@beatroute.freeserve.co.uk>"

Reply to
Stephen White

Aren't they Rover SD1 units? If so, you can't remove the lens from the body of the lamp - it's glued together.

Working legal units are cheap on Ebay etc- but you'll pay a lot for a perfect one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I think it's the Excel, but can't remember. The only difference is the fog lamp on one side, the bulb socket for which is blanked off on the Excel version (the SD1 uses foglamps on both sides, if I recall).

I'm pretty sure there are still some new units floating around, as I've seen a few on Ebay over the last year. I bought one, unblanked the fog lamp bulb socket and fitted it to one of my SD1s. Just keep a look-out.

If Jan gets in touch, I think I know at least one person who has a yard full of SD1s for spares and who might have some decent ones if new ones aren't available.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick