road test exempt?

Hello,
The vendor of this van on Ebay claims it is road test exempt. 370001550152
Sounds unlikely somehow. Can it be?
Not thinking about buying - just curious how such an exemption might be
obtained.
Cheers.

It's pre-1973.
On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 20:31:36 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote:

That'd be exempt from tax, then, rather than test. Probably.
--

Ian D

Doh!
Mis-read it.
I which case, I can't see why it would be MOT exempt.
Mind you, the seller is an illiterate fuckwit who also appears to be colour blind, so it's highly likely he's talking out of his arse.
If I remember correctly, and I can't find a reference off hand, commercial vehicles of over 3500kg and pre 1960 are exempt from needing an MoT. You are not allowed to carry a load however. Its all to do with them not fitting on a standard MoT testers ramp and so having to be done (or not done in this case) by HGV testers.
I suppose this one could just slide in.
A friend has a pre-war 3 tonner and it certainly does not need an MoT.
Malcolm
On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:07:10 -0000, "Malcolm"

Took a bit of finding, but the answer is here:
Part 1(6) item xxiii (on page 9) of the Motor Vehicles (Tests) Regulations 1981 http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/archive/2002/rcemot/annexcthemotorvehiclestestsr1893 , which says
"before 1st August 1991, a goods vehicle the design gross weight of which does not exceed 3500 kilograms and which is of a class specified in Schedule 2 to the Goods Vehicles (Plating and Testing) Regulations 1988];"
which in turn can be found here:-
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1988/Uksi_19881478_en_11.htm#sdiv2 - item 30, "Motor vehicles first used before 1st January 1960, used unladen and not drawing a laden trailer, and trailers manufactured before 1st January 1960 and used unladen."
--
Regards, Chris (Please take out my car to reply by plain text email)
------1967 Riley Elf------1978 Mini 1000------1971 Mini Clubman------

Is it or isn't then? You don't know Ian do you?
Do us all a favour & just shut the fuck up Ian! You useless piece of shit.