Riley 1.5/Wolseley 1500 bonnets

Are the bonnets of Wolseley 1500s and Riley 1.5s identical? The only difference I can think of is that one has a chrome strip in the middle, but are the actual panels a similar shape? TIA,

Reply to
Neil McD.

AFAIK they shared the same bodyshell. The Riley being just a more luxuriously trimmed version of the Wolseley, but under the skin they were identical, apart from the engine in the Riley, which having twin carbs, as opposed to the one in the Wolseley, made it slightly more powerful.

I had a Riley 1.5 once. Only kept it for a few months. The u/steer was terrible. IMO the engine was too heavy for the chassis. I don't recall the centre chrome strip on the bonnet, but no doubt it just means it had a couple of extra holes in the common bonnet. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G