Spitfire Clutch question

I have a '72 Spitfire that I'm having clutch problems with. It may be that the previous owner shortened the clutch slave push rod. Can someone tell me the true overall length of the pushrod. Thanks

Reply to
Douglas D. Raynor

The true overall length is around eight inches, but after time wear may bring this down to below eight I should say if problems are occuring because of length of your pushrod, just renew your length.

Reply to
Dr Ian Johnstone

Could also be that you have seepage by the piston (either slave or master). Or a pressure plate problem ...

What problems are you experiencing?

Reply to
tom.austin