Swap Golf GTI for classic?

Although some would argue it was a classic...

I'm bored. Anyone want to swap my 1990 5dr GTI for a classic car? Rover V8 (SD1 or P6), Citroen CX, Triumph 2500, Jaguar SIII XJ6 without too much wrong with it? Anything?

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Richard Kilpatrick waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

All good choices... in fact, I think I'll try and swap my LHD 1985 Mk2 Golf GTi 3dr for any of the above an all.

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

Hmmm, I better give more info. Mine's a 1990 H, RHD, and has just hit

100,000 miles...

My last Rover P6 cost £650, FWIW, though it needed some work. SD1s should be around £500-1500 (saw one on AdTrader, but it was way down south). CX is worth a grand unless it's something very special. Don't know about Triumphs at all. The Jaguars are worthless unless mint; I was offered a 1990 G Daimler Sovereign, but it's not really my cup of tea - it's got the later instruments!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

750 quid then...

That was cheap if it was good...

FWIW, though it needed some work. SD1s

500 quid one will be crap...

A CX worth a grand would be something very special!

All wonderful but not worth much unless its a Stag TR6 or Sprint. I like 1850 Dolomites as anyone on here will know by now...

How true....my series 3 is worth less than Ive spent on the respray...:-( Still I love it and thats not what its about is it? Get a S3 Sov...lovely why not have a V12 and go the whole 9 yards...

Jonners

Reply to
Jon Tilson

Jon Tilson waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

This may well have been mentioned cos mine's LHD with 392000 KM and a B reg,

100000 miles? Pah! Not even run in!

about right, mine's worth £500 ish.

I paid £1100 for a V8 P6 years ago, and it wasn't much good..

As long as it's V8, got an MOT and runs ok, it'll do me

I don't want something special, I'd even go for a £500 280E W123 Merc again, they're cheap for a tidy one..

A banana yellow 2500S... I'd like one of them

Had a V12 XJS once, great when they run right, I'm led to believe.. ah well, they smell nice when you're waiting for the AA.

Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

Closer to £1100 - never been modified or crashed. It's pretty unusual in that regard ;)

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick