Two wheels...

What is the name and who is the manufacturer of that two wheel high-tech intelligent "vehicle"made un U.S.A... Two transversal wheels, one axle and the computerized position gravity control?

Reply to
HAL 9000

Segway. In New Hampshire. Product is also known as "Ginger" (its code name).

Superb engineering, poor sales, misaligned vision. Too bad. If you're interested in the subject, there is a brillianty written book titled "Code name Ginger" that came out in 2003. A must read.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Flaherty

Segway. Its gyroscope controlled

Reply to
Doug

Segway.

From the subject, I thought it was going to be a question about 2-wheel cars - 2-wheels longitudinally that is - of which there have been a few :-)

Reply to
Stan Barr

What, like this one:

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Sorry,

I thought also that someone might understand it as the question about child's scooter... ; )

Reply to
HAL 9000

I was thinking more of this one...

Stan Barr

Yes, love it, have you seen the gyro train they ran in Kent in the thirties, bizarre and lovely at the same time.

mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

No, and I used to live in Kent, though not in the thirties! More googling, I think...

Reply to
Stan Barr

If you are near Gillingham or Chatham then it was on your doorstep !! Looks like it was even older than the thirties though (memory fading) they say here 1909 !! Have a look here:

here:
here: (possibly the best)
found details originally (twenty years or so ago) in a book on modernmarvels !!

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Shades of the maglev railway built in the fens (not too far from me)

Mark W