Value of low mileage Austin Healy Bugeye Sprite?

Hi, Can anyone advise on what a Austin Healy Bugeye Sprint with only 4270km on it might be worth in the UK. Fairly good condition with a reasonable interior. Sorry but not much more information as it's in an auction in Japan. Any one care to make an estimate?

Homer

"Homer" realised it was Wed, 12 Oct 2005

19:39:07 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

It's worth whatever the highest bidder is prepared to pay for it. Honestly, that's the best answer you're likely to get.

Two things bother me, apart from the low mileage: it says it's a 1995 car and a Mk2. That's a strange year and Mk2's didn't have Frogeye bodies.

Reply to
Yippee

Very common for old cars in the Japanese auctions to have incorrect years and models quoted in my experience. Do you think it's likely to be a replica of some sort?

Reply to
Homer

"Homer" realised it was Wed, 12 Oct 2005

20:11:20 +0100 and decided it was time to write:

Could well be. There are many Frogeye replicas about, either based on later Sprites/Midgets or completely different platforms altogether. I believe there's even a kit to turn a Ford Fiesta into something resembling a Frogeye!

Reply to
Yippee

Ok, Thanks. Best avoided then as there's not really any way to confirm if it's genuine or not before bidding on it.

Reply to
Homer

It would be a massive improvement...

Reply to
Chris Bolus

I'd expect a car with such a tiny mileage to have a mint interior.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I saw a Frogeye driving towards me the other day, but something seemed odd about its proportions. As the car got closer, it appeared to be a Eunos Roadster / Mazda MX5 with a "Frogeye" front end!! Hideous!

Reply to
Howard Rose

Find a '60s copy of "Hot Car" or similar and see the ads for how many weird fibreglass front ends were contemporary with Frogeyes, Midgets and Spitfires

Reply to
Andy Dingley