Wanted: recomended classic club

I have just taken our an insurance policy which will give me a discount if a am a member of a classic car club.Can anyone recomend a good club that I can join for a minimal fee (free if possible)? I have a 1984 Mercedes 230E and an based in East Anglia. The insurers are happy with any classic club, even if it is an online based one as long as I can give a club name and membership number. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Reply to
Mark Lawrence

Mark Lawrence ( snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"I want to get as much as possible from a club, but not put anything back"

Adrian

In my experience, the discount is approximately the same as the club fee (£25-£30), so if you don't really fancy the club, don't bother. On the other hand, you could take the view that you are getting the benefit of a club for free. Not a financial decision but on balance, I would join the club.

Pete W

Reply to
Pete W.

I agree with "Pete W" ........... a club after all is not a means to obtain discount on your insurnace although of course that is one of the other (minor0 benefits. Good Luck Gee.

Reply to
T.Gee