Re: insurance for 2003 Mach 1

Subject: insurance for 2003 Mach 1

>From: "Crewe Dave" snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com >Date: 8/1/2003 7:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time >Message-id: > >Hey there, > >Anyone know what you might expect to pay on a 2003 Mach 1 - insurance wise - >for a 49 year old driver. > >Thanks, > >CD >

Would depend on your past driving record and insurance company.

I'm also 49 driving a 03 GT and paying $1500 for full coverage. I have a clean record and been with them since 1987.

Reply to
MPBSR25

I also depends on the state you live in, how much the insurance gang has bribed the pol's in your state, the area of that state (urban rates are higher than suburban/rural rates, and the difference could be much higher if the urban pol's didn't fiddle the rates), how much of a discount various insurers give to safe drivers, how many miles you drive, how many cars you cover with the same policy, membership in AAA and other groups, your employer, where you park in the daytime and at night, etc.

Call up your current insurer, and ask them to quote rates for your case, based on that particular car and other cars you might consider. Then you'll know the actual differential cost of insuring that Mustang. Your insurer can also tell what the differential excise cost is.

Reply to
Bob WIllard

Check out Unitrin Direct, Great American or Progressive.

Reply to
Stan Bogert

A question better asked of your insurance broker or carrier.... Me? I bid one dollar, Bob.... but then I have no idea what's behind door number three...

Jim Warman

I have heard that insurance companies charge the Mach 1 at the same rate as the GT, which is good. The Cobra is a different deal, though.

John

Reply to
John Shepardson