What's this exactly?

I can see it's some variety of E-type :). Seems to have a lower windscreen / roofline than most.

Reply to
Doki

Doki waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

It's one of the competition lightweight e-types.

The Lynx ones are replicas, but IIRC, they were successful @ Le Mans in the early '60s

HTH

Reply to
Pete M

Further to that, it looks like one of the low-drag lightweights, designed by Malcolm Sayer. The most weel-known of these was CUT7, driven by Dick Protheroe; there's a famous photo of it in the lake at Oulton Park(!)

Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

Try this for a pic & some details.

John

Reply to
John Manders

It seems to have a Coventry registration, so was probably a works car. I think Briggs Cunningham raced one at Le Mans?

ken

1981 TR7 DHC
Reply to
Ken Forrest

Not going to be cheap. I now need one of those, and that XJ220 I've wanted since I was five :P. And a 7 of some variety.

Reply to
Doki

It's a "low drag" coupe. Very very few originals were built in period so most seen today are replicas - this one too?

Reply to
Claus E

If its registration number is original it looks like early 1960s

Reply to
Mike Day

If it was a replica, then it would have been built around a donor car

- and therefore would bear the registration of that donor car...

Reply to
Howard Rose