Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: external sun visour wanted for morris minor traveler
Also required: newsreader instruction booklet ;o) -- Stan Mould - walking proof of the need for birth control

Re: Audi it's quite old
Yes its usually the ignition module that causes early 80s Audis I know of a least 2 different types which were fitted but the cutting out is usually random and from your description it could be an...
5
5

Jaguar Lynx Brochures
Hallo, ich versteigere Prospekte von Lynx mit Jaguar Dtype und XJS Umbauten Gruß Robert

Mexico gearbox and bits wanted
hi, i need a gearbox and hydraulic bellhousing for a mk1 escort mexico, also a black carpet and black headlining anyone help thanks
5
5

What kind of Car - in a movie
Dear Group, I am trying to find out what kind of car I saw in a movie. The film was "Stop Press Girl" 1949 B&W. The car is the one in which the female lead and the intending husband drive to her...
1
1

Re: morris minor sun visor wanted
Are you talking external sun visor or internal one?
3
3

Brochures
Hi all Any good places to find brochure scans online? Also, where in the UK would be a good place to buy old motoring books and other literature? Thanks Ciao Zak --...
5
5

Mk2 Escort For Sale
All, Further to my last mail, we have decided to sell. If anyone wants the car - theirs for £500 ono It is a mk2 1.3 Ford Escort Ghia. It is light blue with a Vinyl covered roof, but the Vinyl has...
1
1

Re: Hand formed body panels?
Try Leeds College of Technology 01132 979400.......Andy Kisack is your man. They do full time courses (2yr) and summer (1 week) if there is enough demand. Highly recommended, i 'filled in' on a 2yr...

Spitfire Upgrades
Hi, My 1979 Spitfire recently died a death on the A322 - either the clutch or the gearbox has gone to the great scrapyard in the sky (sob). Seeing as it's got to go into the garage, I thought I might...
24
24

A-series crank dampers
Can someone settle a question that's gnawed away at my subconscious for 30 years? Is a crankshaft damper of any benefit on an in-line A-series engine? They are highly recommended for transverse...
4
4

FS: Breaking VP Princess 4 lt R and R/B Midgets
2x 1965 4lt R's. Would like at least one to go for restoration but may be too far gone. Loads of good parts inc engines. Several 1500 Midgets for breaking. Mail me for more detail. Graeme

Re: rusty middle/outer sills
Wow - that is one rusty sill! I had an FD1600 as my first car, then an FE1800 and FE2300 after university. The original outer sill became so thin that I gouged a huge hole in it against a rock in a...
1
1

Loack nuts on the flywheel on A series?
Hi All I'm putting my A series engine back together after a complete re-build of my Frogeye. I can't remember what sort of lock nut it had on the flywheel bolts. My Haynes manual shows some of the two...
5
5

New Old Stock may be coming shortly
Hi, I've posted similar messages on a couple of mailing lists I'm on, but just thought this an appropriate group to post this message - one of the suppliers we used when we ran our workshop for 45...