SD1 plugs.

Is there a long life type available for an injection SDI? Mine is due for a plug change, and glancing through the Bosch listing in Halfords it seems not. But perhaps someone knows different?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I do use unleaded.

What I was trying to find out was the part number - or where to find an equivalents chart.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

They SD1 onwards V8 used Champion N9Y or RN9Y or RN9YC or NGK B6ES at least in the carb version these were about the most common plugs around at the time used Mini/Marina/Allegro, MGB, Ford Xflow Viva and many Rootes cars so should be availble in 4 point versions, if not you could fit the plugs intended for the CVH Escort or a Rover 820 - the heat range is the roughly same only downside being the smaller hex size.

Reply to
AWM

Yes, but the Vitesse EFI engine uses different plugs from the carb engine

- GSP 6462 as opposed to GSP 4362 with carbs. Surprisingly, Rimmers don't appear to supply alternatives.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

That will be a Champion RN7YC or RN6YC equivanlent plug -- NGK B7ES or B8ES -- again quite a common type -- I should be able to find an equivalent multipoint plug especially as copper core plugs have a wider heat range than the original.

Reply to
AWM