Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FA Rolls Royce ,Derby Phantoms New Phantom reference
Rolls Royce ,The Derby Phantoms by Lawrence Dalton, Pub. Rolls Royce Enthusiasts Club ,in as new condition,large format,heavy item .1st edition, 437 pages. Really lavish and comprehensive book on the...

Bleeding silicone brake fluid
Dear All, I'm recommissioning my Herald at the moment. After a certain amount of swithering, I decided to go for silicone fluid in the brake and clutch. The clutch, which I did first, was fine....
29
29

Engine capacity of bus on ebay item 310075278377
1950 Austin K8 Threeway Coach This is up on ebay I have whats needed My question, surely the engine is bigger than a 2200cc for that size bus. Looks a nice unit tho. r
50
50

Merc 1982 500SEC No spark
Anyone experienced in the electronic ignition on The Merc 500 SEC. It just cut out and stopped and I'm making the assumption its in the little box. I have no spark and when the "black" box was opened...
9
9

Looking For classic car stories, tips and anything else interesting
Hi everyone I own and run a fairly new website on the subject of classic cars, I am looking for people who would like to share their stories of classic car ownership, any tips and tricks they picked...

Any ideas?
I fitted a new speedometer cable to the Triumph PI - a really awkward job, especially connecting the end behind the dashboard. Now the temperature gauge reads high, where it used to be spot on. I have...
8
8

TIME FOR A FAMILY GET-TOGETHER?
Trouble getting the family all in one place at one time? The BBC are looking for relatives who=92d like to reunite somewhere special for an all-expenses-paid weekend. The weekend will give the family...

FA:1954 AC *PETITE* SALOON 3-WHEELER MINICAR - LOT OF 2 ADS

Fiat 124 Spider 1972
Hi Folks! I'm asking for a friend of mine - a new owner of this model. 1600 motor, Weber carbs, points ignition, manual choke. The car refuses to start on the self starter when warm. If pushed it'll...
10
10

Ashover Show - 20th July 2008
1
1

Fur around battery terminal
I have observed white- green crystalline fur around the positive terminal of the battery in my car. Does anyone know what it is, and how it gets there? thanks dan
4
4

Ashtray wanted
I'm looking for an ashtray to fit a 1966 E-Type; in view of William Lyons' reluctance to spend money I'm sure it was an off-the-shelf part rather than specifically designed for that particular car, so...
7
7

Vinyl roof for SP250
Been away, just catching up, managed to lose all messages. Therefore going from memory. I hate Bill Gates. As I recall the OP (or his local trimmer) was worried about fitting to compound curves Some...
1
1

FA: Car Mechanics - 1950s 1960s
Sorry for first post being an ad. My father has just sold his Triumph Vitesse and i've just listed his old Car Mechanics Magazines from the late 50s and early 60s a few from the 70s to. Ebay numbers...

Electric fuel pump recommendation
Folks, I need to replace the electric fuel pump on the DS. It's non-original: fitted by the last owner in South Africa to refill the carb after long periods of standing in the hot sun of KwaZulu Natal...
9
9