Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

This group is full of ignorant people who are to far up their own....
Some people who post to this group are happy in their ignorance, so bee it, how ever much they troll and mock it doesn't change the fact that they are ignorant of the real facts. I know, they don't,...
7
7

Advice on car purchase
I'm looking for advice on getting a classic car for everyday use. The factors are these: I only drive about 3-4000 miles a year I don't work so running costs (ie Tax and Insurance are important) I can...
77
77

mk3 triumph spitfire problems
I am enquiring on behalf of a friend who is having poblems with her 1969 mk 3 spitfire. she has just fitted a new distributer cap and points and now the car will not start in the mornings unless you...
6
6

P6 value?
Seen plenty. THere was a lovely gun metal grey one passed me on the A64 on Thursday but personally I prefer them in red.
197
197

tr7 subframe
The Rimmer Bros site should give part numbers. If different you have the answer.
2
2

Free -MK1 Capri Bonnet
hi, for collection only in N Ireland.A pre facelift MK1 Ford Capri Bonnet in fairly good condition. Collect in Newtownabbey Co Antrim - -free to take away Regards Brian
1
1

Ignition light not working
I doubt this very much. I have use Lucas AVR alternators (16s I believe). On my Jem the ignition light isn't working at the moment but the alternator still charges and doesn't go over voltage. In any...
7
7

rust treatment
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
17
17

Diesel Jaguar Conversions
Oh, I don't know.... the V8 petrols in Merkin cars tend to put out similar power ;-)
19
19

Restored 1950 ford pilot
selling 1950 ford pilot $18.000.00 australian diollars
1
1

Here is something that is going to be VERY BIG... !
Here is something that is going to be VERY BIG... ! You can get a free position now and start promoting... This is about to launch but if you get a group built now you will beat the crowd and make a...
3
3

MK1 Escort Door Locks
Hi guys, Does anyone know where I might be able to find a pair of MK1 Escort Door lock barrels with keys? Ive tried Ebay but not had much luck as they dont come up very often and when they do there...
2
2

The Lost World of Friese-Greene
In article , Richard W. Jones writes Don't understand what you mean. You can't eliminate glass reflections from a windscreen with a pola, because of the pre-stressing of the glass in manufacture,...
44
44

Anyone built / bought a "thing" to roll a car shell over?
I've seen a couple of websites where people working on shells have fitted it to a frame (or vice versa) and are able to roll the shell up onto one side to get access to the underside to underseal it...
9
9

Newbie with a restoration project
Hi just bought an Austin A50 (1955) could someone give me info on howoto reapir the rusty bodywork please or even a web site devoted to this subject. Thanks in advance Colin -- East Coast Nature...
2
2