Latest threads in Classic Cars - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

FBHVC's Drive-It Day seems to be happening...
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Bolus saying something like: Ah, this explains the smattering of ShiteOldClassics I saw...
17
17

Vintage Delivery Vans Lorries FA
Old Delivery Vans by Nick Baldwin Tiny ink scribble on rear cover,otherwise VGC 32 Pages. Nice copy,one of the Shire series,charts the history of the humble delivery van,with lots of fab pictures and...
2
2

Rover P5B
A semi disabled mate of my brother in Aberdeen has just had an accident in his much loved P5B. It will need a N/S front wing and door. Where are the best places to try? And any sort of guide price?...
11
11

Re: Personalised number plates for celebrities
JG ( gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying : I actually saw "PEN 15" the other day. On a Smart... Signwritten for a numberplate dealer. (RAC's got it as being on a black Merc ML)
8
8

FA Old Book - Pitmans Motorist Library - The Austin 7 and 8
Old book for auction on e.bay The Austin 7 and 8 from Pitman's Motorist Library. eBay Mobile

FA:- Several classic car repair books
Hello All, I have 6 "Practical Classic Car" instruction and maintenance books for auction on Below is a link to one of them please click "view sellers other items" to see all the books on offer if you...

where to sell your classic car
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Bolus saying something like: That Beemer must've been Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
11
11

Where to buy and MGB
Hi, I am looking for a good MGB. I have looked at Former Glory in west London. I am struggling to find alternative places to look. I dont mind travelling so can anyone suggest places where I can find...
6
6

Mayonnaise in the engine
I noticed with horror today that my oil filler cap is covered in mayonnaise and the oil on the dipstick has a colour resembling tea. The coolant has vanished and so I'm pretty sure the head gasket has...
5
5

FA: Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, Mercedes model kits and diecast
This auction ends 4/9/06. Thanks for looking Ferrari 412 P NART Ferrari 412 P Daytona Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 Maserati Tipo 151-3 Porsche 356B 1600S Roadster Porsche 917 Gulf Mercedes 230TE

Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ
Hi all, The Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ has been updated. The current version is 5.4, dated April 1, 2006 and can be found on Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, tips, manufacturer's...

FA :Sleepless Knights by John Sprinzel ~Signed Copy
Sleepless Knights: A Rallyman`s Guide To Europe by John Sprinzel SIGNED COPY see Item 8404921009 or

Tips for getting steering wheels off
OK, I know there's probably no easy answer, but if anyone has a pet method for removing steering wheels, I'd like to hear it. Current one is from the MGB I mentioned a while back*. The upper steering...
6
6

wheel alignment
How to find the run-out compensation of a wheel while doing wheel alignment. Thank you.
2
2

Damned intermitent fault
Took my midget out from winter storage today. Started - ran OK for 10-15 mins took to local garage. Filled tank continued to work OK for about 10 mins then intermitent stops since. Fuel pump working...
6
6