1986 Vette Transmission

Hi, After searching i cannot find a for shure answer as into what type of transmission i have in my vette. Can anyone Clarify this for me? im having trouble and may need to replace it, its not shifting from 1st to second. Thank you in advance!!!

Reply to
ZeroAviation

Plse share with us whether it's automatic or stick.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

Thanx, lol i forgot to add that, its a automatic

Reply to
ZeroAviation

WayneC

Could be the governor spring has popped out of place. It will only shift 1st to 2nd when you let up on acceleration? If so it's not a big problem to fix in the 700R4 but will require a trip to a shop.

Reply to
Dad