Air conditioner drain fix?

I have been reading the forum to find out why the passenger side of my corvette gets soaked when running the air conditioner, I see that the drain can plug up. I have a 2000 corvette, and was wondering if anyone could tell me where it is and how to unplug it. I think it might have knocked out my turn signal lights as well because yesterday they quit working too. If anyone can help me out I'd be extrememly grateful.

Regards,

Troy

Reply to
Troy

You're going to get dirty on this one, get under the car and look straight up between the battery and the right head on the cowl. If you can't see the little rubber tube start taking parts off until you do. There is one on the passenger side and two on the drivers side if I remember correctly. You will need to mechanically clean it out unless you have a high pressure washer and then you may get even more water in the cabin.

Have you looked in your fuse box under the passengers floor mat?

Reply to
Dad

Well, today the turn signals were working again, I guess it dried out enough. I looked through the fuse box and everything seems to be okay there. I'm letting things air dry for a bit, I have no idea how long this has been going on since I usually drive by myself. I don't think I have the equipment to get under the car and clean it out, I might just have to take it in to the dealer. One other thing, when I turn sharply to the left the AC Fan makes a squealing sound, could this have also stem from the water not draining properly or is it just a bearing going out? Thank you for the information!

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Bearing going out

Reply to
JG

Both of mine on the drivers side were packed causing the water to fill up in the cowl and reek havoc with the wiper motor. I was able to remove the two udders and get all the crap out of them. Squeezing them opened up the slit and the crap fell out. The next time I'm on the lift I'll look for the passenger udder.

Reply to
JG

Reply to
Dana