air conditioner drain

Can anyone help me with a problem I am having with my 2003 Town and Country van. The air conditioner drains inside the van on the passenger side floor. I have checked the drain at the firewall and it seems to be clear of any debris. Has anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
aspj18

While I have not had this problem I can make some suggestions.

First, with the van parked, run the A/C for a while. See if there is any condensed water comming out of the drain under the van. If not, then your drain hose may simply be plugged. The water is then backing up the hose, and draining into the passenger compartment.

Not sure how you would go about unplugging the hose, but this is about the cheapest fix in this scenario!

If the drain is NOT plugged, then you may have a crack in the plastic ducting that would normally direct the water to the drain. There are various sealants that you could use to seal up the crack (like seal-all, etc). This would be a bit of a pain in the neck, but can still be done.

Other than that, not sure.

Reply to
NewMan

If the van is equipped with a Hepa filter the problem could be due to the filter being very dirty and the water is backing up at the locking seal. Look under the glove box and see if there is a tap to release the filter.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

There is a couple more here with that problem to. As said check drain and filter and also check if the rubber flipper is still on the end of drain. If no flipper it may be getting backpressure on the road keeping it from draining. Does it drain sitting still. Does it only do it on the road running?

MT-2500

View this thread:

The newer vans don't have that boot anymore

Reply to
maxpower

There is a cabin air filter under the dash on the passenger side. I will replace it and see if that helps. I appreciate all the help.

Reply to
aspj18