Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

:>What are you talking about? Passats have the MOST horsepower in their :>class.

That may be true Sal but a Passat is outclassed by a Corvette every time.

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

:>Yeah, Passats get crappy gas milage. OH WAIT, the 2008 Passat TDI :>thanks to Variable turbine geometry helps increase power without :>sacrificing efficiency, resulting in the BEST FUEL ECONOMY of ANY :>3500lbs+ car IN THE WORLD.

So you claim. Got a cite with the mileage stats?

:>So much for your stupid opinion.

Getting defensive, Sal?

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:53:38 -0700, Sal wrote something wonderfully witty:

So what? That still doesn't mean that Corvettes are their competition.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

Oh, really, what's the fuel economy of a Corvette? What's the Corvette's Drag Coefficient? What's the reliability record of a Corvette compared to a Passat according to consumer reports? What kind of crash test results does it have? Did the Corvette have the 3rd lowest death rate among 200 popular cars compared by the IIHS like the Passat did? What kind of top speed to horsepower ratio do Corvettes have compared to Passats? What kind of ego emmisions do Corvettes put out?

Reply to
Sal

What car do *you* own Sal? What car do *you* drive Sal?

:>Oh, really, what's the fuel economy of a Corvette? What's the :>Corvette's Drag Coefficient? What's the reliability record of a :>Corvette compared to a Passat according to consumer reports? What kind :>of crash test results does it have? :>Did the Corvette have the 3rd lowest death rate among 200 popular cars :>compared by the IIHS like the Passat did? :>What kind of top speed to horsepower ratio do Corvettes have compared :>to Passats? :>What kind of ego emmisions do Corvettes put out? :>

:>

:>

:>

:>On Jul 14, 1:56 pm, Sarah Czepiel wrote: :>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:53:38 -0700, Sal :>> wrote: :>>

:>> :>What are you talking about? Passats have the MOST horsepower in their :>> :>class. :>>

:>> That may be true Sal but a Passat is outclassed by a Corvette every :>> time. :>

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

:>The European version of the Passat TDI is listed at 44 MPG highway

No where in the cite given does it list the Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TDI

170 DPF SEL (Diesel) at 44 mpg. What it does say is " The Passat is not a particularly entertaining car to drive, but it's capable ..."

Not particularly entertaining to drive......capable.......

Stick to your GT4 racing, poser. :)

and :>that's way better than the Camry and Accord Gasoline Electric Hybrids, :>and lightyears beyond primitive American cars like the Fusion and :>Malibu. :>The Germans are just technologically way more advanced than the :>Americans. :>They made the first jet aircraft, they made the first ballistic :>missile, and they made the Mclaren F1's engine back WELL WELL over a :>decade ago and yet it's superior to any production American engine :>even to this day. :>

:>

:>On Jul 14, 2:00 pm, Sarah Czepiel wrote: :>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:00:38 -0700, Sal :>> wrote: :>>

:>> :>Yeah, Passats get crappy gas milage. OH WAIT, the 2008 Passat TDI :>> :>thanks to Variable turbine geometry helps increase power without :>> :>sacrificing efficiency, resulting in the BEST FUEL ECONOMY of ANY :>> :>3500lbs+ car IN THE WORLD. :>>

:>> So you claim. Got a cite with the mileage stats? :>>

:>> :>So much for your stupid opinion. :>>

:>> Getting defensive, Sal? :>

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Most Americans still like to drive cars with personalities Sal...

I am retired,on fixed income, I have 5 Vettes in the Garage but drile a Truck as my daily driver..next vehicle I buy will not be purchased for its reliability but for how it looks, how it handles and how fast the damn thing is.. THAT SAID the wives next vehicle will be whatever she wants...she now drives a BORING, but handy (for her) Dodge Caravan for hauling her purchases ..

My dear old Mother owns a Toyota... reliable yes ! .Fun? hell worst then my wives van...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Getting real from the top of the thread:

Having sired kids that drove Beetles, a Golf and a GTI I've been around the VW hype.

Now I see that generation of folk inside their Passats as daily drivers. I don't see VWs cars going really fast--like in open road events.

If these things are so damn fast, why aren't the guys/gals who like to go fast buying them and driving them?

Just for grins, I looked back over the last 5 years of Nevada open-road speed challenges. Lots of finishers each year. Plenty of Corvettes, Porsches & Vipers. Fair representation of Panteras, Lamborghini's and Ferraris -- some BMWs and an occasional Audi or Mercedes. But, for the most part, the products of the much vaunted VW engineering stay home. When they do appear, it's only in the lower speed classes. Perhaps scared off by the presence of GM cars like a Cadillac CTS-V or a 1965 Corvair.

<

One lonely VW, a Golf R32, finished in the

2004 and 2005 events. (115 mph and 125 mph respectively.) No VW appearance in 2006.

Where are the rest of those hot VW products?

-- home in the garage, avoiding sunburn and the rigors of open road at speeds above 140 mph.

So Sal, when you buy your VW, make a post here -- I'll meet you in Ely. Blue C5 -- briefly view the gold plating around the exhaust tips!

Meanwhile, for the folk over in the vw.watercooled group. Don't be 'fraid--come on out and play. See y'all in Ely--2008!

-- pj

Reply to
PJ

Perhaps you don't know that you have been posting into the VW group in addition to the Corvette group.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Yes I know but want to make sure he gets it...

Reply to
ZÿRiX

It's a VW, although I never drive it this fast.

Sal

Great, now that we've got that nailed down:

Install a full cage, window net, some harnesses and descent tires. Buy a fire extinguisher & helmet and, get it on.

-- pj

Reply to
PJ

I don't drive that fast, it's my friend who drove his VDUB that fast on the track.

Reply to
Sal

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:52:14 -0700, Sal wrote something wonderfully witty:

Who the hell cares? What's the pussy getting ratio on a Pissant? What about its poontang Coefficient? So it is transportation, BFD, so is just about anything else. Still ain't a Corvette.

Even if it's death rate is the third lowest, it had to be from sheer freakin boredom.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:38:44 -0700, Sal wrote something wonderfully witty:

Hey isn't that the photo from some guy's purple corvette?

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:38:44 -0700, Sal wrote something wonderfully witty:

Then why do you own it? Pedal a bike.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

It's a stinking diesel numnuts.

They aren't stinking diesels either,

And cost a bunch more then them while stinking up your garage and not starting in the winter just to remind you how stupid you were for buying one.

Hardly, just another urban myth. Americans are more innovative. Germans seem to build more rube-Goldberg engines, hardly very durable. To many expensive parts that need replacing causes them to get scrapped as junk.

They also made the first one to get shot down by American fighters. Seems the Mustangs shot a lot of german engineering out of the sky, on their own turf no less!

they made the first ballistic

Yep, but America didn't need one at the time, so when it was over, we just took theirs.

and they made the Mclaren F1's engine back WELL WELL over a

Unfortunately the fact remains, the Callaway Corvette went faster with a more durable engine. And that was done nearly twenty years ago. And the engine design it was based on still collects engineering awards. So your claim of "superior" is pretty much a joke.

Yep Sal, you really are a piece of work. Your shoulders must get tired of holding up your butt cheeks.

Reply to
Bob I

WOW, you can't even tell the differences between a VDUB Speedo and a Corvette Speedo? That is a VDUB Speedo and I'll let you figure out what car it is if you're smart enough.

turd by the clean end."

Reply to
Sal

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:29:17 -0700, Sal wrote something wonderfully witty:

Then why spend $97,900 on the stupid thing?

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses