C4 Windshield Wipers

I have a 1990 C4 Corvette and the windshield wipers hit the hood. I have tried several different brands to no avail. Any ideas?????

Reply to
bwegner

Figured it out---Use Trico 20-2 These are the only blades that will clear the hood.

Reply to
bwegner

Reply to
Bob I

Nope

Reply to
bwegner

Have the same trouble since I purcheased hi tech Bosch wipers....one on drivers side seems to get stuck under the hood and then snaps free...

Reply to
Wolfman

There should be about 3/8" clearance between the stock blades and the hood when the wipers are parked and the driver's side blade is seated in the parking clips. Since the hood is OK, this sounds like the wrong arms or, the blades that use an adapter to mate up with the factory arms.

Check and see if the driver's-side parking clips and rest block are not bent or haven't been removed by a prior owner who installed the wrong arms. The driver's side arm 'snugs' over a rest-block located pretty much in line with the steering column. The blade parks into a large bracket near the center of the blade and a small bracket near the tip of the blade.

Anco makes a blade refill for the C4; however, the correct refill isn't a part of the "standard" Anco inventory in the yellow box at the gas station -- it's an over-the-counter item. Parts person has to know what they are doing.

Although the price for GM blade refills seems outrageous (IIRC, $25 a pair), I think they fit and last better than aftermarket brands.

Reply to
PJ

then why even respond ?

Reply to
'Key

I agree. I eventually gave up looking for aftermarket blades for my 1996 that were as narrow as the Chevrolet parts ... I just order them from the Chevy dealer now. A little pricey but they work perfectly and life is too short to spend hours trying to save a few bucks. If you are worried about 25 or 50 dollars, just hope you never have to replace a power window switch.

Reply to
bob.kirkpatrick