? DAMN BRAKE DUST ?

Every month or so I spend about 4 to 5 hours cleaning off brake dust off of the rims using a paste cleaner and a couple of rags. Does anyone have any expereince using any of the " spray on hose off products "? If so, what is the name brand and are you satisfied with the results? Thanks for your input.

Wal_Mart sells thsi stuff called Orange Blast all wheel cleaner.. works great.. spray on,, hose off... gets the white wheels on my 88 clean...

Reply to
TroY

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:20:55 -0400, "TroY" puked:

Glad I read your post before I responded. Exactly what I was gonna recommend.

lab~rat

Meguiar's "Hot Rims Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner" -- OK on Chrome, no good on alloys -- screwed up clear coat even when washed off within 10 seconds. For alloys, I prefer a nylon "Dobie" pad with Dawn dishwashing detergent. HTH..... Paul.

TroY wrote:

Reply to
Paul H.

I found that this new Prestone Wheel with Brake Dust Repelent works quite well, and when I have to replace the pads on my C6 Corvette, I am not going to use GM pads again.

John

Reply to
John Leahy

Use ReJex on wheels.

Reply to
benf802961

I switched to ceramic pads and it helped a lot.

Reply to
Stephen Horrillo