Documentation

Does anyone know of a website or method of documenting a pre 1981 corvette? Something like Car Fax for antique cars? I'm trying to sort the history of my '73 and having some difficulty.

Thanks, Rick

Reply to
RLETNER

Finding the history of your Corvette is a lot of detective work on your part. Much of it is gone, as the states often delete files older than 10 years.

Good luck.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

I forgot to include, there are no quick fixes on finding it. CarFax doesn't work on those VINs, no one has records, rumors of Chevy finding all the build sheets are just that - rumors, and you are on the old path of check with the previous owner, hope he knows the one before. If it was in an area for a long time, ask at Corvette club meetings and events, as maybe someone remembers it.

You can do title searches with the states you think it was in, but most only keep 10 years back now. If you have an in with the NICB, you can get a lot, but it doesn't do that for 99.99% of the people and if you are in law enforcement, you can jeopardize your job and your department's standing by using it for non-crime related business.

Ain't it a drag?

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Thanks for the response. I was holding out hope for a different answer but this is what I expected. I am doing the inspector thing and trying to track all the pieces down. Unfortunately, I live in Alabama and the car spent its whole life in California. A military guy brought it over. I contacted the dealer that sold it originally and they as expected had long destroyed the records from 30 years ago. I'll keep trying.

Reply to
RLETNER