Diagram for 97 900se alternator?

day 3...

Does anyone have this in a manual that they can email, fax, etc? I found the manual I need, but it's in England. I'm having some difficulty figuring out how the alternator bolts onto the engine. ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

If you can wait until later tonight, I will scan the Haynes manual and send them to you. Does the hotmail address work OK ?

Reply to
Bob

No. Please send it to snipped-for-privacy@jimpirkle.com

Many, many thanks! ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

If there is any similarity between how 900 alternator is attached to the engine to 9k, you are in for some punishment. It's tough to get it out. Three are two bolts. But I'll let people who own the 900 give you the specifics.

Reply to
Yaofeng

Sending them off now. Hopefully there are not too late to matter. There are some brush checking instructions on the page. I included the electrical diagrams for that area.

I also tacked on the diagram for the serp belt. You should replace that and the upper idler pulley as soon as you get the alternator done. It's only $80 in parts for the pulley and belt at the dealer and they are known to spontaneously burst after 50K miles. Some people replace the lower idler pulley too but they are not typically an issue.

Reply to
Bob