german for pcv valve?

Hi Drivers-

Does anyone in here know what the german word for pcv (positive crankcase ventilation) valve is? Ingo - are you out there? I'm trying to describe something to my brother in law in Frankfort.

Thanks - Chris

Reply to
starburst

"PCV Ventil" gets a lot of hits, but there may well be a betterterm.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Me?

Generally "crankcase ventilation" is "Kurbelgehäuseentlüftung", translation is quite literally. The "positive" is usually omitted over here, so ""Kurbelgehäuseentlüftungsventil" or "Ventil für die Kurbelgehäuseentlüftung" is correct. AFAIR VW calls the part "Druckregler" on some engines, which would be "pressure regulator/controller" - quite a bit of exaggeration for those simple things.

Try to describe it to the one in Frankfurt, he might be even happier. ;-)

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune

Ausgezeichnet. Vielen Dank!

Doh! I saw it just after I posted it. Blast! lol

Thanks again. Now, if only he can find me an instrument cluster from a

96 Passat GLX, {auto-getriebe) and a pcv heating element in his local Schrottplatz...

Cheers - Chris

Reply to
starburst