Drowning In LA

'92 Roadster

Anyone have the joy of experiencing the flooded tool compartment behind the passenger????

We've had a solid 3 days of rain here in LA and I have about 3" of water in that thing. For the life of me I can't figure out where it's coming from. The car has been parked for the past 5 days so it's not coming from below/wheel well/puddles.

Any clues?

Reply to
Sacre Bleu

I have a 1992 and the water gets in where the top and hatch meet. Then, it runs in and into the compartment. The nice part is that there is a rubber plug in the middle of the compartment you can remove to let it run out. Get under the car and pop it out to let the water out.

Reply to
Von

Strange, that rear top seal is in great condition. I'll have to check the hatch seal. Did you ever fix yours? What did you replace?

And thanks for the tip on the drain plug!

Reply to
Sacre Bleu

Two ways to find it.

Get someone to spray you with a hose from above while you sit inside and watch. Get a chair or step ladder so they are not tempted to spray sideways under the weather-stripping.

If you can't get an assistant, go to an automatic car wash, brushless, padless, that just sprays water. Watch for the leak.

If you wait for rain, it will probably be cloudy or dark and you won't have the light to see. In fact, it may not hurt to have a flashlight with you to light up the area when looking for water.

Reply to
Tom In Missouri