'84 crossfire to carburation conversion

I have finally completed the total conversion. I enjoy the feel of the engine now and I can work on it myself. the hesitation problems have all been solved and it is running smoothly. The total cost was around $640 minus $250 for the parts I sold on ebay.

Eldlebrock technical staff is just great.

Art

Reply to
Art

Good deal.... although no-one here really cares I'm about 80% done with a 5.7 Vortec swap over into an 86 FJ60 Land Cruiser.

By the way if you want to get serious with horsepower you can do a lot more with a carb setup than you can with cross-fire.

I would have done exactly the same or converted to a more modern fuel injection system.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

I just ripped a complete 5.7L L98 TPI V8 and 700R4 transmission out of a 1988 Camaro to stuff into a Toyota pickup - wiring and all. Total cost: $600.

Summit Racing sells the brackets you need for the TV cable, if you haven't found one already. No need to fabricate. Adjustment is tricky. Don't burn up your transmission.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

my comment "no-one really cares " was in reference to my land cruiser project...the 2nd line in my post goes on to say I"m working on something different. As you may recall I posted a number of times as an "advocate" of pursuing this swap from a crossfire to a carb or other modern fuel injection setup.

I'm all for the carb swap.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

whatever your meaning ? all I am saying is, I care about ,many post, except for the trolls... g'day

Reply to
'Key