finally own a corvette!

It's official, I'm the new owner of a C4 (an '88 convertible to be specific) I love the car. It has 90K miles but everything works pretty well. Needs a power antenna (common problem from what i've read) the motor works but the internal cable seems broken. I'll get to that this week. Also, she starts hard like the injectors are leaking or cruddy. I filled up the tank and added some cleaner today but plan on running the codes at my friends shop. We'll get her running and starting perfect. Other than that, I love it. Here are some pics:

Have fun! walt

Reply to
wallster

Congratulations.

My 89 coupe served me well for 12 years as a daily driver. Stay on top of maintenance and she will serve you well.

Only issue that drove me nuts was the dang alternators were always going bad. So you may want to have a heavy duty one ready to go ahead of time.

Enjoy!

Reply to
Mutts

Great looking car, you're going to love her. Like Muts says, keep up on the maintenance and she'll do you right for a long, long time. Rob

78 & 96 Coupes, Red of course
Reply to
Scubabix

Enjoy, wave, and go to Corvette Festivals.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

=============== Congrads.... Nice looking car.... Now get out there and put some milage on the car.. That is what these cars were made for...DRIVING ! BTW: Corvettes can be addictive...

Bob G.

64 72 & 98 Ragtops 76 & 79 Coupes...
Reply to
Bob G.

I've owned harley's and jeeps and the waving thing was big with them. Now the wave is back with the vette. My wife gets carried away though... i have to remind her she's not in a parade. Drove it to work today and it's just as fun on rainy days as sunny ones.

walt

Reply to
wallster

It has always amazed me that the alternators go out so much. I can see a few of them in the first half of production, but these were used across the entire line - Corvette, passenger cars, trucks, vans, etc. And when you buy a new one or a rebuilt one today for those years, they still die about every year or so.

I cannot imagine how they can still build them, knowing that they die like that. You would think they would have fixed it.

And I wonder why car values have dropped.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Not sure it's back, I've been waving since the fall of 1956. Some get anal about not being waved to and then want to brand the year, drivers sex, drivers age, or a particular Corvette generation. It's a camaraderie thing and should not be allowed to cause a problem, just enjoy the Corvette.

That's what they were designed for, drive them and enjoy them rain or shine. Just got back from 1,250 mile trip in the rain and detailed it and took off the rain tires to go racing. My granddaughter laid back and watched the water flow over the roof and said it was like driving under water. More than just a rain, a deluge, bikers under every underpass and rest area to get out of the water filled truck ruts.

Nice looking Corvette, enjoy the ride.

Reply to
Dad

I meant that this is another "waving" vehicle.

Thanks Dad, the car is fun. I wave, if they dont wave back, oh well. The only thing i dont like about the car is that i can see it all day outside while i'm at work... TORTURE! : )

walt

Reply to
wallster

Know that feeling. I had a jerk boss and we were at the end of our togetherness one day. I always backed my Corvette in, just outside my window. Our last disagreement cleared the office even before I terminated my employment. Knew it was coming because I have destroyed one of his patents so everything except my pencil was already in the Corvette. One of the fellows I still run with worked there and said the burnout was awesome and the marks were there all summer.

Actually the boss and I later became friends and now he's 92 and I still go to see him every now and then.

Reply to
Dad

you did them a favor by sealing that parking lot (well at least a section of the lot) it's amazing how long some marks stay in their place. When i was a lad I used to light 'em up in a vocational school parking lot with my '72 el camino. My friends knew i was there by the giant cloud of smoke. Might as well make buying tires worth it! Thanks for the story Dad.

walt

Reply to
wallster